Have you ever been overcome by the Green-eyed Monster? Your partner steals a glance at another, or someone else wins a competition instead of you; & all hell breaks loose!
What is the cause of jealousy in the first place? Well, jealousy starts from insecurity. The mind is working overtime, thinking, 'My partner is looking at someone else. Is he/she thinking about leaving me? Am I not good enough?', 'He won the competition. Why him? Was my effort not good enough? I hate his guts!' & it goes on & on. The mind goes into overdrive.
So how do we tame this monkey of a mind? How do we get it to stay in the present moment?
Never fear, Deep is here to share six ways to overcome feelings of jealousy:
1. The Agna (third eye), Anahata (heart), & Manipura (solar plexus) chakras are important in balancing an over-active mind. In the first technique, we focus our prana on these chakras.
2. Kumbhaka, which is the retention of breath after each inhalation & exhalation.
3. Jibberish - a cathartic meditation technique.
4. Classical Sun Salutation.
5. Shaking the body, to remove stagnant energy.
6. Navel & heart chakra meditation.
When you learn how to master your mind, you will be better equipped to bring your mind back to the present moment each time it wanders. & guess what happens when you're in the moment?
Yes, that's right. Enjoy your life!